Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Let me just take a second....

Well I have a few little thoughts to share with you on the things I feel blessed to have in my life.
First off, I like doing the catering at the school. Its not boring work. I am always doing something new and I actually get to prepare meals that are going to be consumed by people.
The cool thing about this is that I get to make things at school that I have never made before and I usually make them well. It really makes me feel good to know that the food I make taste good enough for my teacher/boss to trust me to make other things for catering, even though I don't hear any feed back from the consumers. She told me the other day how excellent of a job I am doing and how much weight I have taken off her shoulders. Especially because she hired me to get everything mis en plase and take it to the rooms it is supposed to go to and then clean it up. But I am going above that because unlike her last catering assistant, I can also cook. Well some what. The only thing is is that I don't feel I am really taking much stress from my teachers hands. Thats how I am. So afraid of failure , I try to take on so much to make everyone else load lighter that I just end up with a load heavier then I can carry. I just have to think about all the stuff I do each day and know that if I wasn't there to do it, she would have to. The sad thing about it is that is not enough money. I can only work at a max of 15 hours a week unless there is catering after school hours and on the weekends and even then its not enough. There are other people that work at the school as well as me who spend a lot of time sitting on their butts and not cleaning there stuff up which really inferates me because they get paid the same as me but I work twice as hard. I hardly stop to eat, or even go to the bathroom and yet they just sit on there butts while there is dishes to be done. By the end of class I am so tired and I only worked for 5 hours. I really wish I could train myself to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier so that I can have a least an hour of the day to myself. I saw Kari sitting on her couch the other morning, kids at school, Domi sleeping. She was relaxing and reading a book. I was envious of her at that moment.
Well on the kid news. Kirsten is cutting two teeth on the top. Whitney is turning 9 on Saturday. Zack had his first basketball practice today and he is undoubtably, the shortest and cutest kid on his team. They next to shortest has a head on him still. Don't know what good being short will do in bball? He was having fun anyway though. Well I need to get the kids in bed and reheat some leftovers for Brandon before he gets home from school. There's my new and probably super exciting blog!
Love ya!!

4 comments:

Karilynn said...

Yay for new blogs! I'm glad that you like the catering adn I am sure you are great at it! Hey if I were you I'd mention to those sitting on their butts that the sink is available and their shit isn't going to clean itself! I can't believe that Whitney is going to be nine! DAMN WE ARE OLD!! And one thing you didn't know about my sitting on the couch reading is that I was also sipping some delicious tea! ;o) LOVE YOU!

Jackie said...

yeah I am so happy to see something new on your blog...I am glad things are going good for you! I can't believe Whitney is turning nine...it really is amazing how fast time goes by! Love you and I hope to see some more news soon!!

Jessicah said...

Just stopped in to say hi! Love ya :o)

Cristina said...

Vicki, your so cute. I loved your blg.It was great. Oh, I am coming to the party tomorrow. I found a ride so I will see you there. Love you.