Sunday, April 27, 2008

Learning how to live

As we approach the middle of the year, there is a certain dreaded date that is creeping its way into my life. That's right, The Big 30. The Big 30 means much more to me then just that fact that I am unavoidably getting older. It also means, that as I have manage in my life to stay at a good weight for height, turning 30 means I am really gonna have to start taking better care of myself . Mostly this feeling is brought on mainly by the fact that my dad did indeed just have Major Open Heart Surgery. I know that I have really never been to concerned about what I put in my mouth, but now more than ever I am starting to realize I should be. I have decided that the only way to tackle the inevitable, is to take baby steps to improve myself.

My first goal in life is to eliminate all carbonated beverages. That's right Dr. Pepper. You shall not pass these lips any more. I have tried and tried and tried to tackle this one many times but it is a very hard habit to break. I am mostly trying to focus on not so much as not drinking soda, but to drink more water instead. I find that if a carry a water bottle with me everywhere I go, I am much more inclined to drink it then to go out of my way to get a soda. And aside from a few drops or Brandon's Sprite at the Jazz game last night, since I did not want to spend 3 dollars and a 16 oz bottle of Dasani, I have not drank any soda and instead have been drinking 60 oz of water a day. For 6 days!! This is huge for me. I have D.P in my fridge, but have not grabbed for it.

My next goal to tackle will have to be deep fried foods. This one is gonna be a little more tricky because I am not to sure what to carry around with me to beat out the cravings for French Fries. Maybe carrots sticks?

4 comments:

Karilynn said...

Maybe you shouldn't torture yourself... the D.P.'s in your fridge are welcome to hang out in mine! ;o)
WAY IMPRESSIVE!!! You go girl!

Jackie said...

Good luck with your changes!! It stinks that you all had to go through this, but thank goodness for modern medicine! I am sure you will do great and feel much better with each change you make!! love ya

Mary said...

Good for you! You gotta take care of yourself. I love ya

Jackie said...

hey thanks for the comment! How are things going with you and your family? I miss ya!!